Friday, September 16, 2011

We've got an exciting new guest!!!


This week we have Mark Childress interviewed by Bay Area writer, Erica Lorraine Scheidt. Erica interviews emerging and established writers on her blog, Royal Quiet Deluxe. Her novel, Uses for Boys, is due in Fall 2012 from St. Martins Press, and we at Green Apple are thrilled to have her contributing to 'The Core'. If you enjoy her pieces here (as I'm sure you all will), please let her know by following her on Twitter or liking her on Facebook - you know the drill!

So now, please begin the most recent installment of Erica Lorraine Scheidt's 'The Tuesday Interview', today, on Friday:

Thanks to author Lynn Freed I was lucky enough to meet Mark Childress at the Community of Writers at Squaw Valley a few years ago and he was everything you'd think he might be if you've ever readhis books: funny, gracious and a hell of a storyteller.


From Mark: I know so many writers are superstitious about talking about work in progress that it has become a cliche, but hey I guess I am living that cliche. I find that if I pre-tell the story I’m trying to tell, to my friends and those nice people who care enough to ask, at some point I have already “told” it and the juice goes out of it that you need for the writing of the scenes. Does that make any sense?

No comments: